Who are We?
Warren Woods Baptist Church is a family of people who are in love with Jesus Christ and are committed to building His Kingdom. We have a global and local vision that drives us to share God’s love with people in our community and around the world.
Warren Woods began in 1953 in a storefront on Gratiot Avenue in Roseville, Michigan. Having purchased land and constructing a new building, the church relocated to Groveland Avenue in July 1956. In 1964, the church moved to its present location on Twelve Mile Road in Warren, Michigan.
Warren Woods is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, the largest protestant denomination in the world. This means we are an autonomous body of believers who voluntarily align ourselves with other Southern Baptists because we share similar doctrinal, philosophical, and missional values. We are also affiliated with the Motor Cities Metro Baptist Association and the Alliance of Warren Evangelicals. We are conservative in our view of scripture, progressive in our methods, and liberal with our love for others.